Monday, May 26, 2008

This is what I did while Zigi was in the Hospital! Shopping in Poland and the "Polish markets".
Well known for their cheap prices but still good stuff. I bought Zigi a three piece suit of good quality for only 80 dollars. (reg. est. at 2-300)







This is me crossing the Czech/Poland border.
It took 20 minutes. The police-guard took my passport and looked at every single page (30+ pages) in slow motion and then went into the guardhouse for another ten minutes and just stared at me. He finely gave me a stamp and let me go. I think he wanted to show the AMERICAN who was in charge. It was all quite funny really.






As you can see . . . sometimes I wore my backpack backwards in tight crowds so nothing would get stolen.





So then I went out to eat and then met my friend Laura (from Lithuania) and we went shopping.






This was probably my fondest memory while in Czech because I was able to take a train, eat at a restaurant, buy shoes and clothes, cross the borders, and use the Czech language I had been learning for four years in hopes that some day I would be able to use it.

And I made it home SAFELY. . . with ALL my belongings. Ha Ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed these pictures. I clicked on each one to make them bigger so I could see all the details. I love the last one, it is such a neat shot of the city. What an adventure! I am proud of you for venturing out on your own and exploring the city.

Rachel said...

It really was SOOOOO much fun. I can't wait to go back!